[Spambayes] cant use this program

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 28 01:47:03 CEST 2004

> Hi , thanx for getting back to me . 10B1 i thing is the
> spambayes version.
> I have win xp and Outlook express 6 . I had the pop3 server
> and the 110 port
> thing , but in the blanks after that , I didnt know or
> understand what was wanted and the program isnt doing anything
> at this point. , eric

For Outlook Express, tick the "unsure" and "spam" boxes in the "Classify in
subject: header" option, and that's all you need.

You need to set Outlook Express to receive mail from "localhost" and not
your mail server.  Have you done this?

Once you've done both of those things, mail should arrive in OE tagged with
"spam," or "unsure," in the subject line.  You can then create OE rules to
do whatever you like with them.

=Tony Meyer

---