[Spambayes] Recognizing Posts vs E-mails

Mark Lewandowski theatre at rosebudtheatre.com
Fri Jul 30 17:32:28 CEST 2004

OK, so I've found a work around to get SpamBayes to work on public
folders, IF I can get it to recognize posted messages as well as
e-mails.

I've set it up to filter the public folder to a personal mailbox. I will
then share the database with all the moderators of that public folder.
(If that doesn't work, I'll just have one moderator dealing with spam.)
This works great with e-mail message that I send to the folder. But
doesn't solve my problem.

For some reason (by design?), anyone outside our organization that sends
an e-mail message to a public folder gets listed as a post and SpamBayes
doesn't recognize these as "filterable" messages.

Is there a way to make a SpamBayes deal with posts, filtering out spam?

Mark Lewandowski