[Spambayes] SpamBayes for Outlook feature request

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Thu Jul 29 16:44:06 CEST 2004

My apologies if this is a duplicate request.  I couldn't find a way to
search the archive.

First the request, then the rationale.  I'd like to have an option to
specify how Not Spam (ham) messages are handled.  At present, you can
specify how Certain Spam and Possible Spam should be handled - left
alone, moved to some folder, marked as read, etc.  I'd like to be have
the same options for messages that SpamBayes is certain are not spam.  I
can't find a way to do that using the SpamBayes Manager dialog.

Now the rationale.  In a sense, this is a question of completeness: if
this is implemented, you can configure SpamBayes to do something with
every single message it sees.  My motivation is less aesthetic - in
fact, I think it's pretty ugly.  For reasons beyond my control (I
suspect the configuration of so-called "Intelligent Message Filtering"
on my company's Exchange server), bucketloads of spam, possible spam,
and ham end up in folders called "Junk E-mail" and "Junk E-mail
candidates."  It's easy enough to tell SpamBayes to filter messages that
show up in these folders and move spam and possible spam to different
folders, but messages that SpamBayes recognizes as ham remain in one of
the Junk folders.  I'd like to be able to ignore the Junk folders
altogether, which would be possible if I could configure SpamBayes to
move every message it sees to an appropriate folder.

Thanks for a wonderfully useful piece of software!