[Spambayes] Linux interface not user friendly

Stuart Krivis stuart at krivis.com
Sat Jul 31 13:44:56 CEST 2004

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 July 2004 23:13, Mark Ricketts wrote:
>
>>I'll start donating money when you guys make the linux interface as easy to
>>use as the windows interface.
>

> As with most things linux vs windows, the linux solution is a little harder to
> set up. Partly because you first have to *choose* which components to use and
> partly because your have to manually connect those components together. But
> that gives you more flexibility of options, and some of the options are
> arguably easier to use than the outlook plugin once your installation process
> is complete.

I'll ignore a lot of the underlying issues that could be discussed and
simply say that "the linux interface" is easier to use than the "windows
interface."

I use SpamBayes with Thunderbird and was running it locally on my
Windows box, but moved SpamBayes to my Solaris box. SpamBayes was easier
to install and configure on unix (although it wasn't hard on Windows
either) and it's "easier" to use on unix.

So start donating that money. :-)

Stuart Krivis		stuart at krivis.com