[Spambayes] installation question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jun 1 20:31:26 EDT 2004

> I have a question about installing the newest RC
> candidate.  I currently have ver. 1.0b installed and
> I'm wondering if I need to uninstall this version before
> installing the latest RC version.

It's not necessary, although it won't do any harm, either.

> I don't want to lose any of my settings and the training
> database.

Uninstalling doesn't touch anything in your data directory, which includes
all your configuration and training.  This means you can uninstall and
reinstall (same version, or different) and no settings or training will be
lost.

=Tony Meyer

---