[Spambayes] Shelve database corruption?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at ontopia.net
Thu Jun 3 06:16:43 EDT 2004

* Skip Montanaro

| I've applied that patch and a couple others.  I got sb_dbexpimp.py
| to work with Python 2.2, though the resulting .csv files produced by
| Python 2.2 and CVS aren't quite identical, flubbing slightly when
| the encoding isn't utf-8.  Still, it does complete.
|
| Can you apply the attached context diff to your Spambayes sandbox
| and see if it helps?  If so we can begin to think about solving the
| Unicode decoding problems (maybe by just blindly trying a few more
| more encodings).

I installed Python 2.3 and got things to work with that. I've been way
too busy to even think of trying this out since. Sorry. (Making use of
a wasted meeting to answer these emails.)

Conclusion on the corruption: hammie.db was ok, messageinfo.db was
broken. I could export hammie.db, but not messageinfo.db. Solved the
problem by deleting messageinfo.db and starting from scratch with a
new one.

So apparently Tim was right that there is no cure for database
corruption.