[Spambayes] Re: Error(s) with MS Outlook 2002/xp on Windows XP

Christopher J. Pace cpace at hnsg.net
Fri Jun 4 20:30:50 EDT 2004

Reguarding my previous post below:

Figured out the problem, his profile in Windows XP was hammered.  Copied
data, deleted account, re-created account, and his Spam Bayes is fully
functional.  Thought I would end this, just in case anyone has this
problem in the future.  Thanks anyways!

The previous post was:

Hi list,

I have a problem with one of my clients.  The software installed basically
is:

Windows XP Pro (all updates)
Office XP Pro (all current updates, including SP3)
Spambayes latest binary for Win32

Basically, the client installed SpamBayes ok, no installation issues.
However, when SpamBayes was configured, and shortly after, Outlook will no
longer startup, giving an error with mso.dll at 0x000099A8.

Client immediately uninstalled SpamBayes.  Everything came out ok with the
uninstall, no errors given.  Outlook still does not work, throwing the
above error.  I repaired, reinstalled, and finally uninstalled, deleted
mso.dll, then re-installed.  Outlook still bails out on startup (but I can
get in through Outlook safe mode).  I confirmed that the install did
create a mso.dll file, and it is the same size in bytes.  I then got all
the Office XP updates, still to no avail.  No problems are encountered
with any other Office products on the same machine, and I scanned for
viruses as well, no luck.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?  What is the reccomended
fix?  Thanks to all, and esp. to the SpamBayes devel team, for creating
such a great anti-spam product that rocks.

--
Christopher J. Pace
System Administrator/Webmaster/Founder of

System Administrator of
http://seamlessvision.net