[Spambayes] Moving database location ... question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jun 6 22:20:39 EDT 2004

> I have noticed that the database gets very large.

Note that this depends a lot on the training that you do.  If you "train on
everything" you'll end up with a much bigger database than "train on
mistakes" or "nonedge training" (and the results will probably be not as
good, either).

> We use roaming profiles and would like to move the
> database to a location in the profile that is designated
> as non-roaming.  Is this possible?

Yes.  Instructions can be found by doing SpamBayes->Help->About
SpamBayes->Configuration Guide.  They're down the bottom under "multiple
configuration files".

Basically, create a file called "default_configuration.ini" in either the
directory SpamBayes was installed into, or the current data directory, and
put in it:

   [General]
   data_directory=drive:\path\to\new\location

=Tony Meyer

---