[Spambayes] Problem with other mailboxes using Outlook

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jun 8 00:59:03 EDT 2004

> Example: I log in as "MarkO" but open/link to
> "DesireeC" as a second mailbox because this colleague
> is on holiday and I have to check her mail as well.
> SpamBayes empties the second mailbox as well and drops
> everything in MY Junk Suspects folder.

Do you mean everything, or do you mean everything that scores unsure?  If
the former, then there's definitely a problem here - please send us a log
file that covers a time when this happens (the troubleshooting guide
explains where to find the logs).  Note that if you "Recover From Spam" a
message in the unsure folder, it *should* go back to the folder it came from
(although this is not always the case, the plug-in does try).

If the latter, then that's simply the way things work - there's no facility
within the plug-in for delivering mail to different unsure folders depending
on where it came from (it would make it unnecessarily complex).  I suppose
you could use the POP3 proxy (sb_server) to do this, although that would
mean sacrificing the ease-of-use of the plug-in.  Depending on how often you
need to run the filter, you could also temporarily set the unsure folder to
a different one, then do a "Filter Now", then set it back.  (That would
work, but isn't convenient).

=Tony Meyer

---