[Spambayes] RE: Problem with other mailboxes using Outlook

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Tue Jun 8 09:44:42 EDT 2004

My suggestion to Mark would be to clear his unsure folder, collect and read Desirée's mail, then recover the unsures back to Desirée's inbox. (If he wanted to be finicky about it, he could do the same thing with the definite folder.) Then when Desirée gets back, she can scan her inbox for spam before reading her mail.

The problem with Tony's suggestion is that it applies Mark's spam criteria to Desirée's mail, which may result in some messages getting junked that Desirée would have preferred to see. That may be OK in this particular case, but might not be OK in general.

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165