[Spambayes] Problem With Outlook 2002

David davej at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 13:26:32 EDT 2004

I had been using  Spambayes v.8 with Outlook 2002 in WIN XP PRO. All workrd
fine. Two days ago I downloaded v 1.0 and then deleted v.8. Now each time I
open Outlook I get an error message that OL has encountered a problem. It
tells me to notify MS which I have down about 30 times already. It then
tells me that OL did not start correctly last time. It asks if I want to
open OL in Safe Mode which I do. Once in safe mode I run Detect and Repair
and it finds nothing. There are no items listed as disabled.  Also I use
Word as my editor and when in safe mode when I try to compose a new message
it tells me that Word is either busy or cannot be found. Other users on my
PC can open OL and use Word just fine.

I have no idea what to do next. I've posed this question on the Dell User
Group and MS Community NewsGroup sites but noone has responded. Somehow this
download of v 1.0 must have something to do with this problem. Additionally,
I did a System Restore to a time prior to the download, but that has not
fixed the problem.

Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated. Thanks.

David P. Jackewicz

1204 Carnton Lane
Franklin, TN 37064
Home:  615-794-7412