[Spambayes] Request for permission

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 9 20:47:35 EDT 2004

> we would like to ask for your permission in order
> to include your program SpamBayes 1.0b1 in our cd-rom
> collections and make them available to all Softonic
> users through all our distribution methods & marketing
> campaigns.

This is fine.  There is no problem with distributing SpamBayes in any way.
If you (or your lawyers) want details or proof (etc), please see the
LICENSE.txt file that comes with the source distribution (or you can view it
online via viewcvs).

Note that if possible, it would be worthwhile (IMO) to wait a couple of
weeks and distribute the 1.0 release.  Certainly 1.0rc1 or 1.0rc2 (hopefully
out in the next few days) would be better than 1.0b1.

> Also, if you are interested in selling the product in
> Spain,

I don't think anyone here is interested in selling something that's free
<wink>.

=Tony Meyer

---