[Spambayes] NT and Exchange

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 9 20:57:09 EDT 2004

> I have installed SpamBayes in my machine, which
> runs Windows NT. My e-mail program us Microsoft exchange.
> Is tit compatible?

Exchange is (AFAIK) only for server side hosting of email, it's not actually
a client in any way.  Are you using Microsoft Outlook (with Exchange),
perhaps?  If so, then, yes, you can use the Outlook plug-in (which you have
already installed, apparently).

> How to make it work?

When you started up Outlook after installing SpamBayes (are you sure that
you did this?) it should have opened up a Configuration Wizard that would
get you started.  Did this not happen?  If not, did any errors occur during
the installation?  Was a log file created (see the troubleshooting guide to
find out where that would be).

> Do I need administration provileges to really install it?

The installer needs to write to the registry and install files to a
(user-defined) location, so you'll need enough privileges to do that.  Once
it's installed, you should only need enough privileges to write to the
user's "Application Data" folder, which any user should be able to do.

=Tony Meyer

---