[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] Training

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 16 19:52:54 EDT 2004

[Please note that the spambayes-dev list is for discussion about the
development of SpamBayes.  The spambayes at python.org list is the appropriate
one for messages such as this, and will mean that you are more likely to get
a prompt response.  See http://spambayes.org/contact.html for more
information.]

> When I move items from "junk suspects" to my INBOX, the
> program is still not learning to recognize these messages as
> good, even though I have this option selected.

By "still not learning", do you mean that the message is not being trained
on?  (this would be a bug, if so)  Or do you mean that the training is
insufficient to correctly classify future messages?  (this would not be a
bug).

If the former, we need to see a log file from a time in which this happened.
The troubleshooting guide explains where to find the log files.

If the latter, then select an incorrectly classified message (before
training), and do SpamBayes->Show spam clues for this message.  This will
bring up a message with the clues/tokens that SpamBayes used to make the
classification.  This might be enough to let you see why the message was
classified as it was, and how to remedy the situation.  If not, then send us
the message and we'll explain what is happening.

=Tony Meyer

---