[Spambayes] Problem restoring databases

Eddie Gomez eddieg at talonsolutions.com
Tue Jun 22 18:22:18 EDT 2004

I am using your latest release of Spambayes v1.0rc1.  First off, fantastic
program!  Wouldn't be able to manage my email without it!!

I have always had a problem with restoring the spambayes database after
re-installing WinXP from scratch.  I do this every 6 months to maintain a
pristine system.

Anyways, everytime I restore the spambayes database, I always get a
corrupted message and spambayes thinks that no training has ever took place.
I always end up just letting my junkmail pile up so that I can do a retrain
again from scratch.

Your directions state to back up the data folder (i.e. all files in that
data folder) and just copy it back when I re-install outlook w/Spambayes.

It sounds pretty straightforward except when I do that it never works!  What
are the exact steps one needs to take when installing a fresh
Outlook/Spambayes and restoring a prior database?  I must be doing something
wrong.

Spambayes first asks if this is the first time it is being used.  If I
install the database, it should already know there is data out there.

What gives?

Keep up the great work!

Eddie