[Spambayes] Grisoft AVG Universal E-mail Scanner -> Spambayes -> Netscape Messenger 4.79

Michael Kimball michael at kimballpottery.com
Fri Jun 25 11:03:26 EDT 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:

> > earlier email, the localhost:8880 is U-G-L-Y in Netscape.
>
> Yes, that's still on the to-do list.  Real work has me busy at the moment...
> :)
>
> =Tony Meyer

Unless you have knowledge that a large number of Spambayes users are on
Netscape Messenger 4.79  (Netscape 7 may have better rendering) I'd drop
it to the bottom of your list.  I took a kick at the can and got
nowhere.  I recall an earlier email where you said the page is generated
on the fly.  I suspect your generator would have to do some browser
sniffing and generate an entirely different page depending on the
browser.  Hmmm.  In this case it would probably have to do 'mail-client
sniffing'.  As long as I am using Netscape Messenger, any HTML is opened
in Netscape Navigator, regardless of what the system's 'default' browser
is.  Unless you can add a configuration parameter like [sbtraybrowser]
8880_display:"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
"http://localhost:8880/home"
Of course that would require the NS4.79 users to also have another
browser like firefox.

I don't know if you have enough users of still other browsers that don't
render that page well.  PROBABLY most of the current browsers will
display it properly.