[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 1 09:42:59 EST 2004

Hi,

> On the configuration
> page I am using "mail.comcast.net" on Port 25 as shown in my Comcast
> account settings in Outlook Express.

I think this should be port 110

> The outgoing smtp server is "smtp.comcast.net" on port 110.

And this one should be port 25

>What does that mean?
>It's a desktop computer, it doesn't have an address.  I tried using
>"localhost" but that did not work.  Do I need to use
>"http://localhost" or something of that sort?

If your computer is on the net it has an address but this is not your
problem.

Ok what you have to do:

Open the web interface: To do so type http://localhost:8880 in you
browser (IE or Netscape or Mozilla or whatever you use)
Go to the configuration page the  look at the POP3 Proxy option

For the Remote Servers: you should enter what usually you use in OE
(mail.comcast.net)
For the Spambayes Ports  I usually enter 6110 (but you can use 110)

If you want to train using the smtp proxy but for now It is easier to
train using the web interface so don't touch this for now.
Leave the Remote Servers and Spambayes Ports empty.

Then in OE configure the POP server has localhost and the port should be
6110 (if you use the same as me)

Leave the smtp server like it was (i.e smtp.comcast.net with port 25)

This should work .

Remi

--
/"\