[Spambayes] New database and the X-Spambayes-Trained header

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 1 17:08:55 EST 2004

> Spambayes is working great, but I have a question about the
> spam and ham that I train on. I want to save the spam I get
> should I ever need to rebuild the database. But can I use the
> spam that I've already trained on? I'm thinking of the
> X-Spambayes-Trained header. It seems to be there to prevent
> double training or something similiar.

You're using sb_mboxtrain, yes?  If so, there is a "-f" command-line switch
that ignores the X-Spambayes-Trained header.  However, a better solution, if
you want to save the spam, would be to configure things so that it's copied
somewhere *before* spambayes gets at it.

Hope this helps.

=Tony Meyer

---