[Spambayes] Why do I get more spam when using SpamBayes?!?

B Wavin bwavin at stofanet.dk
Tue Mar 2 08:18:15 EST 2004

Hello David,

> I installed it at home, never got more than a few spam messages, but I
> wanted to give it a try and keep any future spam messages from
> starting.  As soon as I installed spambayes I started getting tons of
> spam.  Why is that?

I have used spambayes for around 6 months now to fetch mail from 6 e-mail
accounts, 3 are still spam free so I don't believe Spambayes has anything to
do with the amount of spam you're getting. Spam has risen explosively in
recent times worldwide so I think the reason lies there and not with
spambayes.

Barry