I think it's true (Re: [Spambayes] Spambayes as an open mil relay ???)

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Tue Mar 2 11:33:37 EST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 07:42:17 -0600, Jeff Epler <jepler at unpythonic.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 09:33:01PM -0600, Tim Stone wrote:
>> Ok, you've convinced me. <wink>  If you deconfigure the smtp server
>> names
>> and ports on the config page, this connection will drop.  I'm going to
>> fix
>> the smtpproxy so that it by default only allows connections from
>> localhost.
>
> OK, I think that's great.

Jeff, do me a favor and try something for me... I don't have smtpproxy set
up on my machine...

First, remove your patch.  Then, in the smtpproxy configuration, change
the listen_ports from whatever they are (e.g. 4025, 4026, 4027) to include
an address on each (e.g. localhost:4025, localhost:4026, localhost:4027).
I think that should close the hole you've found.  If it does, then we
really have just a configuration problem, not a deeply rooted systemic
problem...  Let me know if you can do this, and if so, what the results
are.  Thanks!

--

Exprimez vous!; Exprésese; Esprimi te stesso; Express yourself!
Tim Stone