[Spambayes] Problems getting Spambayes IMAP Filter to work(re-submitted)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Mar 10 23:23:17 EST 2004

> when I try to access the pages to specify the mailbox folders to
> filter and those to use for training, this is what I get
[...]
> abort: socket error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')

Do you have a very large number of folders available on the IMAP server?
The problem might be that it's taking to long to generate the list of
folders.  Alternatively, is the connection to your IMAP server quite slow?
It might be that it takes to long to get the list.

Either way, I think the timeout for the web interface was increased
recently, and IIRC there is a feature request open to make it user
customizable.  Richie would probably be the one that would have to do that.

> Obviously, I cannot use the script until this problem is resolved. Any
> help to that end would be greatly appreciated.

You can manually specify the folders to use.  If you open up your
configuration file (the main config page says where it is) you can insert
these lines:

"""
[imap]
filter_folders:INBOX,folder/name,third/folder/name
unsure_folder:INBOX/unsure
spam_folder:INBOX/spam
ham_train_folders:INBOX,folder/name,third/folder/name
spam_train_folders:INBOX/spam_to_train,INBOX/more_spam_to_train
"""

Your folder delimiter might not be '/', depending on what IMAP server you
are using.