[Spambayes] Small Bug - medium-sized bug...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 12 08:54:30 EST 2004

    mark> If you mark the messages, say, some as ham and some as spam and
    mark> then you click any heading to sort the messages by the heading
    mark> (subject or from), all of the messages get marked as defer.
    mark> Happens reliably.  Seems unnecessary to reset the choices that way
    mark> - would be more helpful to keep them unchanged after a sort.

This is actually by design.  The idea of those headings is to make it easy
for you to tell the proxy, "almost all the messages are of this class,
except the exceptions, which I'll click later."  Try clicking the heading
first, then clicking the exceptions.  If you think some different behavior
would be preferable, take a look at the source for the review page and try
to come up with a reasonable patch.  It's just a little bit of JavaScript
which sets the buttons.  I don't think you'll find a behavior that's better
than the current setup.

    mark> Second problem - I trained spam on a folder in Mozilla.  After
    mark> training the web interface showed some 390+ spam messages trained
    mark> (correct).  But I think that restarting the computer may somehow
    mark> reset this count.  Earlier today I saw that only 50 messages had
    mark> been trained as spam.  Could SpamBayes somehow 'forget' the
    mark> training under certain circumstances?

Sorry, can't help you with this one.  One of the pop3proxy developers will
have to chime in.

Skip