[Spambayes] Important notify about your e-mail account.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 01:17:29 EST 2004

> The real problem with "on vacation" kinds of things is that
> *I* change my mind, and often, about whether they're ham or
> spam to me.
[..]
> I also get plenty of Unsures where I have no real idea
> whether they're spam or illiterate ham.  I imagine the latter
> are familiar to anyone on the receiving end of a public
> "admin" or "help" mailing address.  It works best for me to
> delete those untrained too.

I think that for people who have been using any reasonably successful filter
for a while, these messages are the most disappointing.  I suppose I
subconsciously expected that since SpamBayes was 'clever' enough to decided
whether most of my mail is junk or not, it would sort out these ones that I
can't decide on either.

I have the same "true unsure" messages that Tim describes, plus ones that
are reports of a spam message caught by a SpamAssassin filter at a domain I
look after.  For those, I suppose that I should look at them, since maybe
they are actually a fp, but then they never are, and I typically just delete
them unread anyway, so maybe I do think they are junk.

Why can't these computer things make up our minds for us, huh?  <wink>.