[Spambayes] button Enable Filtering

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 01:52:08 EST 2004

> In the SpamBayes manager, the button Enable Filtering
> become uncheck even if i check it before.
> If someone have a solution...

I suspect that this means that it can't be enabled for some reason.  You
have to do a few things first - in particular, you have to set up the
folders you want to filter and have unsure/spam sent to, and you have to
train at least 5 spam and 5 ham messages.  FAQ 3.7 outlines them in more
detail:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#i-get-a-message-that-says-i-need-to-enable-sp
ambayes-or-the-enable-button-is-greyed-out>

Alternatively, maybe something is going wrong, although I would expect an
error dialog to pop up letting you know that.  In this case, it would really
help to see your log file.  The Troubleshooting Guide (accessible from the
Help menu in the SpamBayes menu on the toolbar) explains where to find the
log file.

=Tony Meyer

---