[Spambayes] Re: Spambayes Digest, Vol 67, Issue 26 - Would like to move database

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 02:37:47 EST 2004

> Per the suggested reading material I created a file
>
> 	default_configuration.ini
>
> in the same location
>
> 	\Documentation and Settings\<user>\Application Data\SpamBayes
>
> with the same General entries but this also had no effect.

This is strange.  This should work, and does for me here.

> Copying the latter file to any of the
>
> 	Program Files\SpamBayes
>
> sub-directories also failed to change anything.

This bit of the documentation should be more clear now that there are
subdirectories.  Putting the file in the bin subdirectory should also have
worked (but not in the others, or the parent directory).  Again, does for me
here.

> I finally did
>
> 	Start->Programs->SpamBayes->SpamBayes Outlook Addin->Properties
>
> to find out the "application directory" path which turned out to be
>
> 	\Documentation and Settings\<user>\Start Menu\Programs\SpamBayes
>
> When I put the [...] file in that directory things appeared to start
> working as desired.

Weird (unless SpamBayes was *installed* into that directory, but then there
shouldn't have been the previous one, and the first one should still have
worked).  This *doesn't* work for me, and nor should it, from I what I can
tell.  What version of Windows are you using?

> Thanks everyone!

Well, glad you managed to get it working, anyway, even if I can't understand
*why* it works!

=Tony Meyer

---