[Spambayes] Toolbar help

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 03:10:45 EST 2004

> I'm using Windows 2000 Pro with Outlook 2000 and Spambayes
> v0.9. For some reason, when I'm in my Junk Suspects Folder,
> the toolbar shows a Delete as Spam option but does NOT show a
> Recover from Spam option. This is a change from the prior
> version which I also used.
>
> I did have to do a whole new install of Win2000, Outlook and
> Spambayes recently but other than having to have Spambayes
> relearn all my junk mail preferences, the toolbar shouldn't
> be acting this way, should it?

This is becoming quite a common question; I'm beginning to wonder if there's
a bug that the developers haven't come across.  Or maybe not.

In any case, have you tried the obvious things?  (Apologies if you have).

  * The most common reason is that there isn't enough room, and so Outlook
has hidden it for you.  Is there a little double right arrow with a down
arrow next to it at the end of the toolbar?  If so, click that and the
button should be there.

  * Alternatively, are your possible spam/spam folders still correctly set
up?  The "Recover from spam" button only appears in those two folders, so if
either isn't configured correctly, it won't appear.  Note that if mail's
being filtered into both of them, then they are obviously still set up
right.

  * Are you definitely looking for the button in the right folder?  As
above, it only appears in two folders.

(The easiest explanation would be that when you reinstalled SpamBayes the
Junk Suspects folder changed, which would explain it).

You said that you read the troubleshooting guide - did you try resetting the
toolbar, as it outlines?

=Tony Meyer

---