[Spambayes] Problems getting Spam Bayes to work.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 03:14:33 EST 2004

> It was working well until yesterday, but then I added
> an additional email account to be screened for spam.
> It worked fine at first than this morning when I turned
> on Machine and opened outlook I get a message saying
> SpamBayes is unable to initialize, can't find selected
> inbox to scan.  So I go into the Spam Bayes Manager and
> look at the filters tab and I can't see any folders at all.
> Not even the Personal folders, so I can't select the Email
> I want to have the program scan.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean here.  Do you mean that if
you click the Browse button next to the (maybe empty) list of folders it
opens up an empty dialog for you to choose the folders from?  Or that there
are some entries in the dialog, but not all folders are there?  Or that you
didn't click on the Browse button, and it's just the list of folders that's
empty?

> I can though see the
> Junk mail, and Junk suspects is the spam tabs.  I have
> tried uninstalling and re-installing, I have tried the newest
> version, and still I cannot get it to work.  I am running
> Outlook 2000 with an exchange server.

Could you please send us your log file?  The Help->Troubleshooting Guide
explains where to find it.  It should contain detailed information that will
help us figure out what is going wrong.

=Tony Meyer

---