[Spambayes] possible bug

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 03:26:00 EST 2004

> I updates to the latest Outlook addin and have a
> problem now that I didn't have with the previous version.
> When I connect to the Exchange server, Outlook appears to
> lock up for some time.  I get multiple dialog boxes that
> say that outlook is requesting data from the exchange
> server.  After about 2 minutes, my inbox finally appears,
> but none of the messages are scored.  If I tell Spambayes
> to filter my inbox, it will then work.  The attached log
> file indicates my folders were not available.
>
> I would guess it is some kind of communication timeout.
> My Outlook configuration is all the same as it was before
> I upgraded Spambayes, and it worked fine then.

The only thing I can think of that changed with 0.9 that could cause this is
that background filtering is now on by default, when it used to be off.
Maybe that's changed the regularity of the Exchange communication, or
something?

Anyway, if you don't know whether you previously had background filtering on
or off, then it'll have been off.  If it was previously off, try turning it
off again (Advanced tab of the Manager dialog) and see if that makes a
difference.

Otherwise, I'm stumped :(

=Tony Meyer

---