[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.0a9 (0.9)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 16 01:40:19 EST 2004

[Again, apologies for the delay; very busy at the moment].

> Yes, it works this way, but has _very_ undesired side effect.
> Since I've substituded both files with newer versions yesterday, ham get
stuck in
> my Inbox. That is, my client refuses to consider it newly
> arrived, as it was before, and thus don't apply filtering rules to it.
> So, ham don't get sorted, and I have to sort it manualy, as
> Messenger's filtering mechanic works only on the messages in Inbox
> it considers newly arrived.

Drat.  This is (IMO) a Python bug; I've submitted a report:

[ 917120 ] imaplib: incorrect quoting in commands
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=917120&group_id=54
70&atid=105470>

What happens is that using BODY.PEEK[] doesn't work, even though it's the
best command to use, because Python's imaplib incorrectly chooses to quote
"BODY.PEEK[]", so it fails, and the imapfilter falls back to RFC822, which
doesn't preserve the /Seen flag.

Hopefully this'll be fixed in Python, but that does SpamBayes no good,
because we support Python 2.2, and we can't get the fix there.  I'll try and
work up something to get around it, and at the very least get it to fall
back on RFC822.PEEK, which it used before (but isn't a valid IMAP command,
even though it often works), before it falls back to RFC822.

=Tony Meyer

---