[Spambayes] Spambayes + Outlook Express

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Mar 18 09:48:56 EST 2004

    Fox> I installed spambayes for outlook express and i didn't beleive how
    Fox> good this was compared to other products. Excellent work spambayes
    Fox> guys.

We're glad you like it.

    Fox> It seems that I have developed a problem. Spam is now getting
    Fox> through and when I try to "train" using the browser interface I get
    Fox> python error -

    Fox> DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
    Fox> recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')

    Fox> Can anyone give me a pointer on where to start looking to fix this
    Fox> ?  I really want my heat shield back :-(

I'd start here:

    http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#id53

I don't think we've seen reports of this problem in awhile, but for awhile
it popped up on the list quite frequently.  What version of Spambayes and
Python are you running?  If you're not running the latest versions of each
(1.0a9 and 2.3.3, respectively), I suggest you upgrade and see if that
helps.

Skip