[Spambayes] Will spambayes run on an NT system??

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 18 16:51:14 EST 2004

> There is no DISABLED ITEMS in the ABOUT MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
> pull down window.

It seems this appeared with Outlook 2002, so you won't have it.

Try going to the Tools menu, then Options, then the Other tab, then click
the Advanced Options button, then the COM add-ins button, and see if
SpamBayes is listed there.  (If it's listed but not ticked, then tick it and
OK your way out of the dialogs).

> Also there is no README.txt in OUTLOOK DIRECTORY.  Then tried
> WINNT TEMP directory -- It wasn't here either.

Unless I missed a message, no-one has directed you to a README.txt file.  In
any case, the plug-in installer doesn't install one, so you won't find one.
There is an online version of the troubleshooting guide, which you might
find easier to find than the one that was installed (since you don't have
the toolbar, you can't find it that way, as Kenny suggested).  Sorry about
the long URL - you might need to join this back up.

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/Outloo
k2000/docs/troubleshooting.html?rev=HEAD#All_other_problems>

> Does it matter that I've installed OUTLOOK in the D drive??

No.

=Tony Meyer

---