[Spambayes] How do I remove SpamBayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 18 17:16:59 EST 2004

[Please *always* cc the list.  It's really the only way to get prompt,
useful, replies.]

> Since this message I have reviewed probably two hundred
> (spam)e-mails using your "Delete as Spam" button when they
> appear in my suspect box.  The count of spam e-mails vs good
> e-mail only shows about 4 new spam e-mails over this period.
>
> Also, the program bats about 500 for people who are in my
> address book (MS Outlook). It sends messages from my family
> and friends to the junk mail box as often as from spammers.

Something is obviously going wrong.  As I've said (twice) before, though, we
need to see clues for a message, or at the very least get details about
numbers, before we can probably any useful help.

In case you're not sure how to do this:

  1.  In Outlook, select a message that is incorrectly scored.
  2.  Click the "SpamBayes" button on the SpamBayes toolbar.
  3.  In the drop-down menu that appears, click "Show spam clues for current
message"
      A new message will open up that contains the clues for the message.
  4.  Send this message to the spambayes at python.org, adding a little
      bit of information linking that message to this one to the top.

=Tony Meyer

---