[Spambayes] Outlook XP SP2 / Python problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 23 01:44:04 EST 2004

> I've run into a weird problem on a new installation
> of Spambayes on Outlook. The user is Local Admin,
> installation runs smoothly without error, plugin is not
> disabled BUT the toolbar doesn't appear in Outlook.
[...]
> pywintypes.com_error: (-2147024891, 'Access is denied.',
> None, None)

I'm pretty sure that this is a known bug in 1.0a9 and fixed in CVS (on the
27th of Feb).  I believe what is happening is that something's going wrong
accessing a folder, but the wrong sort of exception is raised and so it
stops, rather than continuing on without using that folder.  Mark definitely
fixed a bug like this on 27/3.

We're hoping to get a new release out soon (early next week?), so that would
fix it.  I suspect, although am not sure, that if you copied a configuration
file from another setup (assuming you have one) and then just reconfigured
without the wizard, that would work (the bug is only in the wizard, IIRC).

=Tony Meyer

---