[Spambayes] Idea for next version

Steve Davis Steve at HaHaha.com.au
Tue Mar 23 23:02:01 EST 2004

Thanks for the reply Tony.

Basically, ordering them by score is how I deal with them now.  I only
glance at anything from 70% - 80% everything is deleted without being
checked so it isn't a major issue, but would have been a nice feature if
possible

As for the GUI why not a scale from 0 - 100% with 3 pointers: below the left
pointer is ham, between pointers 1 and 2 is possible, between 2 and 3 is
likely and to the right of 3 is deleted.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Meyer [mailto:tameyer at ihug.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, 24 March 2004 1:53 PM
To: 'Steve Davis'; spambayes at python.org
Subject: RE: [Spambayes] Idea for next version

> How about a new level of filtering. I would like to say > 90%? I don't
> even want to see it, delete it permanently.
> I'll take the chance on no ham in there.
>
> 70% - 90%? put that in my spam folder and I'll have a quick look at
> the lower % rated items when I get the time.
>
> 50% - 70% no change, treat it as possible spam.

This has been suggested a few times.  There's an open tracker for it:

[ 774650 ] Additional post-filtering options
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=774650&group_id=61
702&atid=498106>

Feel free to add comments to it.

One problem is that this becomes hard to nicely expose via a GUI interface,
and hard to make easy to use.  Something that would make many things simpler
is if Outlook made it possible to use the built in rules system (filter on a
user defined field, for example), since then it could do all that.  It seems
unlikely that that will arrive any time soon, though.

It's not the same, but you can at least sort the spam folder by score, and
manually select everything above e.g 90% for deletion without checking it.

=Tony Meyer

---