[Spambayes] Differences between plugin and proxy databases? - see traceback

Norbert Marrale norbert at infocatch.com
Fri Mar 26 18:48:15 EST 2004

Wondering if I did the "Right Thing TM" here:

Using the latest Win32 binary. Outlook Plugin has been training for about a
month now (1100 ham, 329 spam) and I'm very happy with the results so far.
Except: the "New Mail Icon" irritates me to no end and I've decided to
filter messages on a separate machine with the email proxy. This allows me
set up Outlook to junk all tagged emails on arrival - without the icon
appearing.

Here's what I did:

shut down the server and tray icon, copied the default plugin databases:

  default_bayes_database.db and default_message_database.db

to the proxy machine and renamed them to

  hammie.db and spambayes.messageinfo.db

restarted the server, fired up Mozilla, and smiled upon seeing:

  Emails classified this session: 0 spam, 0 ham, 0 unsure.
  Total emails trained: Spam: 329 Ham: 1100

Being a curious George: I decided to click the "More Statistics..." link,
and got a nice traceback (see below)...
My natural reaction would be to stop the server, delete the .pyc files and
restart... Am I going to regret this?

Filtering seems to still work fine BTW. Please advise.

Norbert Marrale

--
500 Server error

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 461, in found_terminator

  File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 1016, in onStats

  File "spambayes\Stats.pyc", line 42, in __init__

  File "spambayes\Stats.pyc", line 62, in CalculateStats

  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 118, in _getState

  File "shelve.pyc", line 119, in __getitem__

UnpicklingError: unpickling stack underflow