[Spambayes] using SpamBayes with Cloudmark Spamnet

Robert L. Weiner robert at rlweiner.com
Sat Mar 27 20:45:16 EST 2004

I searched the list of bugs and didn't see this issue addressed.

I use both SpamBayes and Cloudmark's SpamNet.  (Now that I have SpamBayes, I
really don't need SpamNet to block spam -- SpamNet only finds one or two
messages a week that SpamBayes misses.  However, I still want to use SpamNet
so I can identify spam for the rest of the Cloudmark network.)

I would like to be able to use SpamNet to report (block) messages that
SpamBayes identifies.  However, it looks like clicking SpamNet's "Block"
button has the same effect as clicking SpamBayes's "Recover from Spam"
button -- the spam score of the affected message is reduced to nearly zero.
I assume that this also messes with SpamBayes database, and affects its
ability to properly identify future spam.

I think that SpamBayes scores should only be changed when I click the
"Delete as Spam" and "Recover from Spam" buttons.  No other user actions
should alter a message's score -- certainly not clicking the SpamNet "Block"
button.

Thanks for your consideration, and for a great product.

Robert