[Spambayes] Help---Still no luck running spambayes on an NTsystem?? Answers to Kenny Pitt, Tony Meyer and Sean True.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 29 01:14:06 EST 2004

> 	The only thing close to Active Python I have on my
> machine is python23 and pythoncom23.  Both are dll's and were
> in the INBOXER folder.  Remnants of an attempt to install
> INBOXER.  They stayed around after I couldn't get inboxer to
> install.  Since deleted.

If InBoxer won't install either, I'm not really sure what to try.  I'm
guessing that InBoxer uses a quite different install method (I've never
actually tried it), so it seems unlikely that it's a bug in either system's
install process.

> 	There are no entries in the com-addin on outlook2000.

This indicates that the plug-in is not installed.

> There are no spambayes logs anywhere that the "find" command
> can locate.  The view command is set to "Show all files" .
[...]
> Went back and installed Spambayes.  The install went all the
> way through to the Finished page.  Still no tool bar.

I'm baffled as to how the install could finish without a log being created.
At the end of the install, the little application that registers the plug-in
with Outlook should be launched, which would create a log file whether it
succeeded or not.  Even if the log file couldn't be created for some reason
(read-only temp directory?), I would have thought that an error would be
displayed.

In the bin directory inside the directory you are installing spambayes into,
there should be an application called "outlook_addin_register.exe".  Try
running that and see if that does the install, or if not, then if it creates
a log file.  If it doesn't even do that, I'm at a loss as to what to
suggest.

=Tony Meyer

---