[Spambayes] Logging In

Jason Silver - CrookedBush.com jasonsilver at crookedbush.com
Mon Mar 29 07:58:10 EST 2004

Dear people,

In the advanced settings of SpamBayes, I tried to set up my PC to
be accessible from any PC in the household by allowing the IP
range if 192.168.1.*.

I must have misunderstood the directions, for I thought it said I
could allow only the localhost to connect by putting localhost. I
assumed the reverse was true: that to allow all computers on the
network to connect I should remove localhost from the list.

So I did.

And now I am unable to log in to the configuration page or to
review messages. I am prompted for the password, and the get the
standard 'The page can not be displayed' error from IE.

Any suggestions for resetting the IP range without logging in?

I thought also it might have been a result of using the more
secure form of security.

Thanks in advance for your help. Spambayes is incredible so far.
With well over 300 spam messages a day it is learning incredible
fast and saving me a lot of time. (I used my existing spam trap
(Outlook Express Inbox Assistant) to forward spam to the
Spambayes server. It's pretty incredible how efficient Spambayes
is!

Yours,
Jason Silver
www.CrookedBush.com