[Spambayes] Logging In

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:40:26 EST 2004

Jason Silver - CrookedBush.com wrote:
> In the advanced settings of SpamBayes, I tried to set up my PC to
> be accessible from any PC in the household by allowing the IP
> range if 192.168.1.*.
>
> I must have misunderstood the directions, for I thought it said I
> could allow only the localhost to connect by putting localhost. I
> assumed the reverse was true: that to allow all computers on the
> network to connect I should remove localhost from the list.
>
> So I did.
>
> And now I am unable to log in to the configuration page or to
> review messages. I am prompted for the password, and the get the
> standard 'The page can not be displayed' error from IE.
>
> Any suggestions for resetting the IP range without logging in?

First, exit the SpamBayes server.  Then go to the directory "\Documents
and Settings\username\Application Data\SpamBayes\Proxy" and edit the
bayescustomize.ini file.  Delete any lines that begin with
allow_remote_connections and save the file.  Now restart the SpamBayes
server and all the remote connection options should be reset to their
default values.

--
Kenny Pitt