[Spambayes] I am the author of my own undoing.

Webb Scales scales at zko.dec.com
Tue Mar 30 18:24:50 EST 2004

Webb Scales wrote:

> Bill, you've given me an even s[l]icker idea that I like better.  8-)
>
> I can set up a procmail recipe to launch the training session using
> sb_imapfilter under a procmail-instantiated lock.  This way, I can continue
> to simply put the training candidates into a specific pair of folders, and
> when the training happens, it will be properly synchronized (and, I never
> have to explicitly launch the trainer!).  (And, I can leave learning python
> for another day.... ;-)
>
> Now, the only problem is...the details.

...and that's where I found the devil.  One way or another, the IMAP trainer
needs access to my password, and I just couldn't convince myself to type it
into a file (not the SB config file, not the procmail script, not a cron job,
no!).

So, I put together a tiny little script which wraps the invocation of
sb_imapfilter.py with a lockfile(1).  It's pretty inelegant (in several ways),
but it should work.  *sigh*

            ;-)

                Webb

Webb Scales                                Hewlett-Packard Company
scales (at) zko.dec.com                    110 Spit Brook Rd, ZKO2-3/N30
Voice: 603.884.2196, FAX: 603.884.0120     Nashua, NH 03062-2711
            MIPS - Meaningless Indication of Processor Speed