[Spambayes] Problems with Lotus Notes script

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 1 23:23:40 EDT 2004

> He loved it for ten whole days until the company switched
> over to Lotus Notes.

:)

> When I try to use the spambayes Notes script to train the
> filter by running:
[...]
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'open_database'
>
> I am a marginal python coder on a good day, but I did dig
> around a little bit, and I noticed that storage.py does
> indeed, have no function called "open_database".

This is a bug.  Change the code to read "open_storage" instead.  I'll check
this fix in.

> Am I missing something really obvious here?

Only that sb_notesfilter is the least used SpamBayes script, and so it
doesn't have a lot of things that the others do (like a lot of testing).
There just don't seem to be many Notes users that need it, and our one
developer that uses Notes doesn't have a lot of time for working on it (hi
TimS!).

That said, you should be able to get it to work, and the actual
classification will be identical to the Outlook plug-in - just not the UI
part...