[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] Spam Bayes falls over regularly

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun May 2 23:24:25 EDT 2004

[Please post support questions to spambayes at python.org.
spambayes-dev at python.org is a list discussing the development of SpamBayes -
by posting to the correct list, you're much more likely to get a prompt
response]

> Every now and then, not only after updating, I get the
> message that Spam Bayes is not working.  The box "Definite
> Spam" just disappears and I have to create a new one, enable
> Spam Bayes and then retrain.  I think I would have had it
> happen about 5 times in 6 months.

It's very simple to delete the folder by mistake, and this happens to many
people fairly regularly; it's most likely that this is what is happening
here - SpamBayes doesn't have the ability to delete anything (messages or
folders).

Note that you should be able to:

 * Get the "Definite Spam" folder out of your Deleted Items folder before
you empty the latter, and all should still be fine.

 * If you're too late for that, then you just need to create a new folder,
go to the "Filtering" tab of the Manager, and select the new folder (and
then tick the "Enable SpamBayes box" on the "General" tab).  No training is
necessary, as none is lost.

=Tony Meyer

---