[Spambayes] Problems with Lotus Notes script

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 3 00:59:36 EDT 2004

> Ok, I changed the offending line of code in the script, and
> below is what happend.  I am not sure what to do abotu this one!
[...]
>   File "C:\SPAMBA~1\scripts\sb_notesfilter.py", line 304, in run
>     sess = win32com.client.Dispatch("Lotus.NotesSession")
[...]
> pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string',
> None, None)

Unfortunately, nor am I - I'm not at all familiar with Notes, and don't have
it here to test things out.

What version of Notes is it?  Researching a little, it appears that the
names of things changed at one point, so this might be the problem.

I presume you have the pywin32/win32all extensions installed (since
otherwise it would have died earlier) - you could try opening up PythonWin,
choosing "COM makepy Utility" from the Tools menu, finding Lotus Notes in
the list and running that.  It should give you a "Generating to ...
00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046x9x1x0.py" message (with a different
name than that).  That might (a) fix things, or (b) give more clues about
what to do next.

> Thanks!  I haven't seen that many people using Notes either,
> but I know this particular user will be very appreciative!

I hope we can get it going :)  Maybe TimS will pipe up and help out...(but
I'm not sure he follows this list at the moment).

> Perhaps I can be of help in the testing of the notes script.

Not having Notes, I can't do any at all, so am completely reliant on others,
so that would be great.

=Tony Meyer

---