[Spambayes] Multiple User Configuration .

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Mon May 3 12:07:18 EDT 2004

You might want to consider running a POP3 proxy (e.g., VPOP3) on your main machine. Then you could run Spambayes separately on each of your kids' machines. A side benefit is that your kids wouldn't need login accounts on your main machine, only POP3 accounts. VPOP3 was developed by a mom-and-pop software house in England; you can find it with a Google search.

Somebody may suggest that you use Spambayes's own POP3 proxy, which I guess would also work. I think you'd lose the ability to give each kid a separate Spambayes database, but I'm not certain of that.

Bob