[Spambayes] Imported DB to Data Folder but SpamBayes Manager says'no training info'.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 3 21:33:34 EDT 2004

> I backed up all files that were in the Data Folder
> (with Outlook 2000 and Spam Bayes 0.81) and have now
> copied them into the Data Directory for Spam Bayes 1.0b1
> (with Outlook 2003).  I changed the names of the folders
> from Spam and Possible Spam to Junk Email and Possible Junk,
> so I could use the defaut folder that comes with Outlook
> 2003.  I updated Spam Bayes Manager to reflect this.
> However, the Spam Bayes Manager still says 'no training info'
> even after closing Outlook 2003 and re-opening it.  How
> can I get this new install to recognize my old database as
> I don't want to have to retrain it from scratch?

Are the files definitely in the correct data directory?  If you open up the
Manager, go to the "Advanced" tab, and click "Show Data Folder" does the
folder that opens up have the files that you copied in there?  (As opposed
to newly created, empty, ones - i.e. check the date/size).

Did you copy two files, called "default_bayes_database.db" and
"default_message_database.db"?

Could you send us your log file?  It might have some clues about which files
are being loaded.

=Tony Meyer

---