[Spambayes] Re: Does IMAP work with the Outlook Plugin?

Mathew Hendry TJLWBECGSGWU at spammotel.com
Tue May 4 17:11:43 EDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 10:05:49 +0100, "Mike Watt" <mike at awesome.uk.com>
wrote:

>I'm new to SpamBayes after finding the link on Penny-Arcade. I'm trying to
>get the Outlook plugin working with IMAP but have had no success. I've
>looked all around the site multiple times but can only find a brief mention
>of needing to run it from source.
>
>I'm confused as to whether this means the plugin doesn't do IMAP
>out-of-the-box or if it's just the stand-alone version that needs extra
>stuff. I can select IMAP folders in the plugin and deleting/recovering mails
>using the toolbar works fine....

I'm running it across IMAP with only minor problems - Outlook
sometimes complains that a message UID is invalid or has changed as
the plugin moves messages around. This seems to happen less if I
disable background filtering. It also sometimes stops filtering for
some reason if left for a while (overnight, say) but this is easily
fixed with a manual filtering pass in the morning. :)

Specs: Outlook 2000 and SpamBayes 1.0b1 (installer version) connecting
to Exchange Server 2000 using IMAP. Also runs fine with Outlook 2003.

-- Mat.