[Spambayes] Trying to use SpamBayes with SSL, POP3 filter (not Outlook Add-In)

Lawrence Bruhmuller lawrence at bea.com
Tue May 4 21:01:13 EDT 2004

Does this work?  I can't get it to.

For configuration:  In the mail server name, I have
my.servername.com:995, since it was using port 110 if I didn't specify.
In the port for the proxy to use, I used either 995 or a random port
(and told Outlook Express to use the same thing), and that didn't work.

The mail client (Outlook Express) hangs when trying to connect to the
server (FWIW, it is in the "securing" step, but that it is probably
trying to connect still).

If someone could help out, I would appreciate it.

- L

Lawrence Bruhmuller, BEA Systems
"If I had more time, I'd have
written you a shorter email."