[Spambayes] Using SpamBayes as a "remote filter"?

Sven Abels Sven at Abelssoft.de
Wed May 5 02:51:14 EDT 2004

I'm using SpamBayes with my Windows-solution and it works perfectly fine.

However: I have to travel a lot and so I'm sometimes connecting with my
modem, which means that I have to transfer all spam to my notebook first.

I got a Linux (debian) server with a DSL connection. Is it possible to use
the Unix version of SpamBayes to check a pop-mailbox, remove all spam mails
from the mailbox and keep the ham on the pop server of my provider?

And: Is it possible to transfer the database of my existing Windows
installation to the new Unix installation by copying the database files?

(Please reply to sven at abelssoft.de as cc, too.)

Thanks a lot,

Sven

Sven at abelssoft.de