[Spambayes] Using SpamBayes as a "remote filter"?

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Wed May 5 17:43:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

>>I got a Linux (debian) server with a DSL connection. Is it
>>possible to use the Unix version of SpamBayes to check a
>>pop-mailbox, remove all spam mails from the mailbox and keep
>>the ham on the pop server of my provider?

What I'm doing is something that you might find useful.

I have a server at home (Linux debian also).
With fetchmail I grab all the mails from my different account and sort
them to different users with the use of simple procmail rule and
sb_filter.py. (The users are me, my girlfriend, and spam)

Then my server is also a POP3 server. So at work I'm retrieving only the
"me" user and when  I'm back home I look at the spam user mail.

>Transferring the databases is reasonably straightforward.  You *might* be
>able to simply copy the database files - if you're using a pickle, that
>would be fine.  If you're using one of the dbm modules (the default), then
>it might work, depending on the various versions on the Windows and Unix
>systems.

Yes it is working if  the windows and unix PC have the same  "best"
database format.

Remi

--
/"\