[Spambayes] Using SpamBayes as a "remote filter"?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed May 5 18:04:01 EDT 2004

[Sven Abels]
> I'm using SpamBayes with my Windows-solution and it works perfectly fine.
>
> However: I have to travel a lot and so I'm sometimes connecting with my
> modem, which means that I have to transfer all spam to my notebook first.
>
> I got a Linux (debian) server with a DSL connection. Is it possible to use
> the Unix version of SpamBayes to check a pop-mailbox, remove all spam
> mails from the mailbox and keep the ham on the pop server of my provider?

The SpamBayes Wiki has a program for doing exactly that (plus more,
including a whitelist feature and special rules for virus detection):

    http://www.entrian.com/sbwiki/SpamBayesCuller

You'll need to understand Python well enough to customize it to your setup.
I haven't used it, but its author (Andrew Dalke) is well known in the Python
world for Good Stuff.